Disclaimer

Black Dragon is MY Viewer, i decide which feature i want to add and which to remove, i share this Viewer to show the world that user base size is not important, i do rate quality by effort, thought and love put into the project, not some rough estimated numbers. I consider feature requests only if i you can name proper valid reasons i can agree on. It is my (unpaid) time i'm putting into this project, i'm not here to cater to every Joe's desires.

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Black Dragon Viewer - Update 2.4.2.1

I felt like there is no need to hold onto this any longer so i'll release this now, it's not much but it fixes some somewhat "major" annoyances.




Changelog:


Fixed: Crash in imagegl.cpp "bad number of components for texture: 5".
Fixed: Directional Volumetric Lighting being broken.
Fixed: Output/Input panel in Sound Preferences not working anymore.

15 comments:

  1. Anti-aliasing hasn't worked since 2.4.2 (and may be 2.4.1.9) for me. I've had to go back to 2.4.1.8. I've tried everything I can think of (like delete the settings folder [AppData\Roaming\BlackDragon]). :( I'm using a GeForce GTX 680 4GB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also make sure you made a clean reinstall. Delete the Viewer folder and install the new version.

      Delete
    2. I've tried complete reinstall -- deleted old viewer folder, settings, installed to a new. its so weird; i've never had a problem before that won't fix. How do I send the log files to you?

      Delete
    3. You can use the forum, Mail, Mega, Dropbox etc etc.

      Delete
  2. I seem to crash whenever I right click onto mesh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crash, then upload me your BlackDragon.log file.

      Delete
    2. I wasn't able to find blackdragon.log

      Delete
    3. It will probably be fixed in the next update. Found someone who caused it to me.

      Delete
  3. Well, it WAS working.I can't enable Directional Volumetric stuff anymore.
    http://u.tarnish.me/J6I266
    yes, I cleared my settings.
    yes, I reinstalled the viewer.

    Also, care to push, please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having the same problem. I updated my drivers right before I updated Black Dragon. :\

      Delete
  4. I found the issue: The problem disappears when I downgrade from the GTA V game-ready NVIDIA driver. Apparently they changed something in the shader code and it can't compile your shaders anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enabling directional volumetric lighting breaks deferred rendering, and does not seem to do anything else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beat me to it, I was about to address that problem also.

      Delete